Through the support of Healthy Communities Delaware, the SWPN, Southbridge Civic
Association, and the Asakura Robinson planning firm is working with community-based
partners and residents to develop a Planning Implementation Action Plan. This plan will
inform actions and performance measures to address community residents’ myriad
concerns, also including the impacts of COVID-19 on the Southbridge community.
Primary and secondary data collection will assess housing needs, food insecurity,
financial security, un/under-employment, and local environmental perceptions to
develop this planning document that guides healthy and equitable redevelopment.
This plan will build off recommendations from both the 2006 South Wilmington
Neighborhood Plan and Wilmington’s 2028 Comprehensive Plan and provide prioritized
action steps for completing them. It will also capture new ideas from Southbridge
residents about community environmental, economic, and health issues, while also
assessing the impact the COVID-19 pandemic and setting a course for recovery.
Get involved! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be included
in project updates.
Steering Committee Meetings:
SBNP Public Workshops:
- Delaware Resources for Southbridge Survey 2021
- Southbridge Foundations of Wellness Report
- Asakura Robinson 2020 Neighborhood Plan/Scope/Timeline/Budget – SWPN
- Southbridge Civic Association Meeting and Neighborhood Plan Discussion (SBNP Discussion) from Tuesday, February 16th, 2021 at 6PM EST
- Southbridge NP – WILMAPCO Council Meeting May 2021
- Southbridge NP – June 2021
- 2021_0707 Presentation_PACE
- Route 9 Corridor_Final Report_PACE