Through the support of Healthy Communities Delaware, the SWPN, Southbridge Civic
Association, and the Asakura Robinson planning firm worked with community-based
partners and residents to develop a fresh Southbridge Neighborhood Action Plan (SNAP) in 2021. This plan makes recommendations to address community residents’ myriad concerns, including the impacts of COVID-19 on the Southbridge community.
Key recommendations are centered around: community empowerment, economic revitalization, youth and education, affordable living, better health, improved mobility, and resilience to climate change.
This plan builds off recommendations from both the 2006 South Wilmington
Neighborhood Plan and Wilmington’s 2028 Comprehensive Plan and provides action steps for completing them.
Get involved! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to support implementation!
Southbridge Neighborhood Plan – Final Draft (October 2021)
ARPA Memo: The Case for Spending Recovery Funds in Southbridge (October 2021)
Steering Committee Meetings:
- Meeting #1; 1.12.2021
- Meeting #2; 3.1.2021
- Meeting #3; 3.29.2021
- Meeting #4: 6.7.2021
- Meeting #5: 9.28.2021
SNAP Public Workshops:
- Notes from Public Workshop #1; 2.16.2021
- Final Public Workshop – Virtual and In-Person – September 2021
A. Video Presentation
B. Slide Deck
- Resources for Southbridge Residents 2021
- Delaware Resources for Southbridge Survey 2021
- Southbridge Foundations of Wellness Report
- Asakura Robinson 2020 Neighborhood Plan/Scope/Timeline/Budget – SWPN
- Southbridge Civic Association Meeting and Neighborhood Plan Discussion (SNAP Discussion) from Tuesday, February 16th, 2021 at 6PM EST
- Southbridge NP – WILMAPCO Council Meeting May 2021
- Southbridge NP – June 2021
- Route 9 Corridor CDC Feasibility Study – Final Report_PACE